Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 PC Windows Users Support
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Sunday, March 28 2010 @ 10:03 PM EDT  
jkr

Kirsten we just now had to reboot the cams. They were down for the past half hour.
Try again and this time maybe try the two cam version to see if you have better luck
staticpages/index.php/20090629202350161

Another thing you might try is to clear your cache to do away with any old information that may be causing it to go to an old setting.

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, March 28 2010 @ 10:05 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi Kristin, and welcome to the forum! Welcome

I see jkr was posting at the same time as I was - hopefully it will be working again for you now. If not, please let us know and we'll see if we can figure out what's happening.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: Kristin () on Sunday, March 28 2010 @ 10:47 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Kristin

I tried clearing my cache and that didn't help with the 'two cam' new cam viewing, but I did get the four cam view. I don't know what the issue is. Did the website change something with the cams in the last few weeks? I watched it all last year and really want to get this figured out before the eggs hatch!

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, March 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM EDT  
JudyB

They are making some changes to the way the cams are streamed - which did cause problems for some people. Most of those have been resolved, but there may be some left.

The only thing I can think of to check is that the larger cam windows (full size and the two-up pages for Sidney) won't work properly if you're blocking pop-up ads (because the ads are what pays for the bandwidth we need to stream the cams).

So if you normally have a pop-up blocker on, you might try turning it off. If that works, it may be possible to set it so you only allow pop-ups from the cam pages - it's getting too late here for me to think about how to set that, but we can work on that in the morning.

I'm sure we will get it set up so everyone can watch - but it may take a bit of time before we know all the settings for all combinations of operating systems and browsers. Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: Kristin () on Monday, March 29 2010 @ 03:04 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Kristin

I have my pop-up blocker turned off for HWF and that doesn't make a difference. I appreciate your help but I'm stumped. Any other ideas are welcome!

By: Anonymous: lynnrie () on Friday, April 09 2010 @ 09:09 AM EDT  
Anonymous: lynnrie

Hi,
Have the live cameras been hacked? Everytime I try to get to the cameras a "go Daddy" or something like that web page comes up instead. Appreciate suggestions. lynnrie@hotmail.com And btw, Hi Judy.

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, April 09 2010 @ 09:20 AM EDT  
JudyB

Good morning, lynnrie - and welcome!

My guess is not hacked, exactly, but that one of the giant servers that keeps all the URLs sorted out so everything goes to the right place has lost track of the fact that we own the address www.hancockwildlifechannel.org - which is the part of the website where the cams are.

We're contacting Richard as soon as it's 6 am in BC (which was actually a few minutes ago, so jkr may have spoken with him by now) - and will post updates on the Report Cams Down page.

Added -
If it can't be fixed immediately, we'll put up alternate links for watching Sidney - we all want to see what's happening there today! love

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: lynnrie () on Friday, April 09 2010 @ 09:24 AM EDT  
Anonymous: lynnrie

Quote by: JudyB

Good morning, lynnrie - and welcome!

My guess is not hacked, exactly, but that one of the giant servers that keeps all the URLs sorted out so everything goes to the right place has lost track of the fact that we own the address www.hancockwildlifechannel.org - which is the part of the website where the cams are.

We're contacting Richard as soon as it's 6 am in BC (which was actually a few minutes ago, so jkr may have spoken with him by now) - and will post updates on the Report Cams Down page.

Added -
If it can't be fixed immediately, we'll put up alternate links for watching Sidney - we all want to see what's happening there today! love

Thanks Judy. Looking forward to this season. I thought it was just me and not a "cam down" issue so I posted it here. I have a lot of catching up to do on all the forums. Thank you for your quick response.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:26 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate