Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Media Gallery - Post problems here
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, February 21 2011 @ 03:51 PM EST  
JudyB

This isn't actually about the media gallery - though it may be a good reason to use the media gallery....

When I went to upload my latest pictures from Jordan Lake to PhotoBucket, it looked as if I'd have to upload them one at a time - normally I can click on the first one and shift-click on the last one and upload as a group. I emailed PB to ask about that, and this is what they said:

We have learned there is an issue with Adobe's latest version of Flash which is incompatible with our flash-based uploader. We have been told Adobe is aware of the problem, as it has affected some functionality on other websites as well.

In the meantime, please try the bulk uploader for images:

http://pic.pbsrc.com/help/Content/Uploa ... loader.htm

You may also try uploading images or videos via email:

http://pic.pbsrc.com/help/Content/Upload/EmailPIN.htm

We are sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

The email thing only works for folders on the top level of your account, and the bulk uploader involves clicking on each picture in order, and I'm not sure about the options for assigning titles, which has been part of the upload process before. No clue when this might be resolved, but wanted to let you know it's a "known issue"!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Marg (offline) on Monday, February 21 2011 @ 06:34 PM EST  
Marg

Does anybody know how to make a HARD copy OF a video from facebook or Youtube on to a disc/CD I needed to do this today very urgently but didn't know how Sad I can easily send a link of the video to someone but to get a hard copy - which can never be deleted is what I wanted. I had to phone a friend who did it but he has a Mac not a PC.
Maybe this shouldn't be posted here :dunno::dunno:

Marg

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, February 21 2011 @ 07:19 PM EST  
JudyB

Sending you a PM, Marg.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: eiguoc (offline) on Thursday, February 24 2011 @ 04:32 PM EST  
eiguoc

For the Hornby thread
I am wondering if I enter a video into media gallery right. When I do the posh link with firefox I get a black page. When I use IE I get this
Click on image to download
But when I do a posh link to my youtube it comes out ok when using FF. So I'm assuming it's something in the way I uploaded the movie
I hit web browser, I use the browse under file, click attached thumbnail box

Pat=photographer & cat mom
Pardon my shortening memory
Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: anna-holland (offline) on Sunday, April 17 2011 @ 06:16 AM EDT  
anna-holland

Good morning
Where can I find "how to post a video in media gallery"?

"what you send is what you get"

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Skipper () on Sunday, April 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Skipper

Anna:

I don't think that there are any instructions anywhere for posting a video to the Hancock Media Gallery --- mostly because it's a very time-consuming and complicated process Wooh

Is there a reason that you want to post to the Media Gallery and not to YouTube like you have been doing?

If there is, I can spend some time coming up with instructions but it will take me a few days Nodding yes

Pat:

'Fraid I can't help you with your problem. I've only used the way to upload a video directly from my computer. Any other way that I've tried doesn't work :dunno: so I gave up. I would post something in the "Cams Down and Forum Errors" thread if you haven't already so that Richard will hopefully see it and respond/fix it.

By: anna-holland (offline) on Sunday, April 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM EDT  
anna-holland

Skipper, Thanks so much, it is very very kind of you. But I only want to read if I could do it. On youtube it is easy. I thought maybe with this "new" HWF thread, it is easier. I lost my video`s on youtube once and thought it is maybe safe to also post the video here, also for the archive.

So don`t spend now time on it. I put the video`s on youtube.

Thank you, Skipper

"what you send is what you get"

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Skipper () on Sunday, April 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Skipper

Hi, Anna:

It is a good idea to have your videos in the archives and to have back-up copies Nodding yes I can't remember now -- but why don't you have a copy on your computer?

And just so you know, it's just as easy to delete all your videos by mistake in the Hancock Wildlife Media Gallery as it is in YouTube :blink:

I'll work on instructions if I have time next week. I will be too busy this coming week to do it Help emo

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:05 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate