Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Media Gallery - Post problems here
 |  Printable Version
By: garyandjudi (offline) on Monday, September 13 2010 @ 04:34 PM EDT  
garyandjudi

I'm having problems with Willife Earth media player at Sidney nest cam. It won't log me in & when I put my e mail address and password in, it will not validate. Let me know the answer on Eagles Anonymous please it's Judy of garyandjudy I'm over there or if not I will get to read the answer today..

I love eagles Pa up and Lady Lafarge down on the AN Lafarge Avatar

Judi

Forum

Vancouver B.C.
Canada

Profile     PM

By: garyandjudi (offline) on Thursday, September 30 2010 @ 10:19 PM EDT  
garyandjudi

Thank you Richard for getting them to use two cameras like LaFarge on the Sidney nestThank You

I love eagles Pa up and Lady Lafarge down on the AN Lafarge Avatar

Judi

Forum

Vancouver B.C.
Canada

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, October 07 2010 @ 10:24 PM EDT  
JudyB

Skipper's having trouble posting a URL for a video in the Media Gallery - link is forum/viewtopic.php?topic=113855#113855.

Everyone knows the Media Gallery is my weak area, so if someone can help her - please chime in. Thanks!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: Skipper () on Thursday, October 07 2010 @ 10:39 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Skipper

Thanks, Judy Wub

I went back to look at some of my posts from previous years to see if I could figure out how I posted the links to the videos before.

I think what used to happen is that the url of the video came up in the long white box at the top of the screen (whatever it's called) and I used to highlight/copy and then paste it into my post.

Now you get some kind of odd url that has words like "sort" in it which doesn't change if you change to a different video.

So I'm considering this as a forum error because no one will be able to post links to video (and I'm assuming s'caps) if they use the Media Gallery to "house" them EvilEvilEvil

Again --- unless I'm missing something. Please feel free to let me know what I'm missing --- anyone :dunno:

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, October 07 2010 @ 11:10 PM EDT  
JudyB

I'm better with s'caps in the media gallery....

This should be a pic from Lafarge - I right-clicked and chose "copy image location" then put it in IMG tags

But given that media gallery videos rarely work for me at home unless I download them to my computer, I'm afraid I can't help more.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: Skipper () on Friday, October 08 2010 @ 01:25 AM EDT  

Thanks, Judy Red Heart

Yes--when you right-click on a s'cap you get a url that you can post on the forum. Your post reminded me of how to do that :oops:

When you right-click on a video, you get a url too but it has a .wmv extension (Windows Media/Video). If you post that url, then when you click on it, the Windows Media Player opens up and the video plays.

This "works" OK but it is much better (and faster) for the video to play on the Media Gallery itself.

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Friday, October 08 2010 @ 02:43 AM EDT  
terrytvgal

Quote by: JudyB

Skipper's having trouble posting a URL for a video in the Media Gallery - link is forum/viewtopic.php?topic=113855#113855.

Everyone knows the Media Gallery is my weak area, so if someone can help her - please chime in. Thanks!

OK... I was doing tthis earlier in the season to put my youtube/Photobucket videos 'back' here to the website.

Media Gallery--> Folder of your choice ---> from OPTIONS chose "add media" ---> select the "Remote Media Tab"

In the drop down menu "Remote Media Type" chose "Embedded Video" ---> paste the URL in to the remote URL box.

Add title etc. as you desire.

Should work.

NOTE: After you have uploaded your video, go to it. There is an "Edit" button below it. Click it and then scroll to the VERY bottom of the page. There is a drop down menu that will let you set the "Capture Time" to the time you ACTUaLLY took the video and not the time you uploaded it to the Media Gallery.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Skipper () on Friday, October 08 2010 @ 07:53 AM EDT  

Thanks, Terry Red Heart

But the trouble I'm having is after I've uploaded the video to the Media Gallery. Grin

I uploaded a video of Dad Sidney to the Media Gallery. Then I wanted to post a link to the video on the forum. Normally I copy/paste the url that is in the long while box at the top of the screen (forget what it's called).

When I did that and clicked on the link, I got an error message (something about not having access).

So I need to know how/where to get the url for a video that's already uploaded to the Media Gallery. Right clicking and copying the URL there sort of works but what it does is open up your Windows Media Player and plays the video. I don't want that to happen Evil I want the video to play within the Media Gallery itself.

Any ideas Puzzled

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:27 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate