Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Report Cams Down and Forum Errors
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, January 13 2018 @ 04:40 PM EST  
JudyB

Just seeing this, Jean - sorry. It looks as if the resolution has been changed - I'll take a quick peek at the cams and then email Ken. I can fix the resolution, but don't want to do that in case Ken is working on something.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, January 13 2018 @ 06:33 PM EST  
JudyB

I just talked to Ken, and he said that Peter from WildEarth was planning to do some testing of alternate ways so streaming this weekend, and his guess is that this is part of that - so hopefully it will be better when he gets done doing whatever he's doing.

For now, if you are logged into the direct access/zoomer link, if you use the Auto button in the upper left, the image will resize to fill the window, so you'll be able to see things relatively normally.
Click on image to download

Because we are currently sending a high res signal to WildEarth, you may have issues controlling the cam if we're near the maximum bandwidth for the site.

Hopefully they'll come up with something wonderful - the cameras are capable of higher resolution images than what we normally see, but bandwidth limits have made it challenging to stream at that level. Maybe there's been some sort of breakthrough - keeping fingers crossed.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Jean (offline) on Saturday, January 13 2018 @ 06:50 PM EST  
Jean

Quote by: JudyB

I just talked to Ken, and he said that Peter from WildEarth was planning to do some testing of alternate ways so streaming this weekend, and his guess is that this is part of that - so hopefully it will be better when he gets done doing whatever he's doing.

For now, if you are logged into the direct access/zoomer link, if you use the Auto button in the upper left, the image will resize to fill the window, so you'll be able to see things relatively normally.

Because we are currently sending a high res signal to WildEarth, you may have issues controlling the cam if we're near the maximum bandwidth for the site.

Hopefully they'll come up with something wonderful - the cameras are capable of higher resolution images than what we normally see, but bandwidth limits have made it challenging to stream at that level. Maybe there's been some sort of breakthrough - keeping fingers crossed.

Thank you Judy! If I am reading your post correctly, we CAN go into the zoomer cams and look around, just use that AUTO button? I see that we still are getting no embedded cams, but it is ok to look with the PTZs so we can check on our eagles???

ADDED: I just signed into both PTZ cams.............got both windows to resize using the buttons at the left corner...........but when I tried to use the buttons for moving the cams it was very jerky, so have signed OFF both cams and will not move them until they can be properly controlled.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Sunday, January 14 2018 @ 07:10 AM EST  
IrishEyes

SUNDAY, JANUARY 14, 2018

Good Morning..

Re Harrison Mills..

The Embedded and Direct Access zoomer cams are all down.... I am thinking there is a power outage at H Mills..I am unable to connect to Wild Earth to see when they went down... I am getting this
I know it was windy at H Mills when I signed of last evening...

Thank You
Bev

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Sunday, January 14 2018 @ 02:31 PM EST  
IrishEyes

11:30am...
The Embedded and Direct Access Zoomer Cams at H Mills cams are streaming ...Thank you so much Ken... hug

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: amyklai (offline) on Monday, January 15 2018 @ 10:43 AM EST  
amyklai

7.41a Is it possible to reboot the White Rock wide-angle camera ?
its going funky / blurry since yesterday , maybe all can use the reboot ,
Anything new on the NORTH camera ,?

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Lynne (offline) on Monday, January 15 2018 @ 02:45 PM EST  
Lynne

Quote by: amyklai

7.41a Is it possible to reboot the White Rock wide-angle camera ?
its going funky / blurry since yesterday , maybe all can use the reboot ,
Anything new on the NORTH camera ,?

I concur. This cam is definitely having problems, jerky images, pixelated, timing off, not connecting at times, id tag in upper left corner shrank in size - hard to read...

Thanks for help.

aka spotted

Forum

Seattle

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Monday, January 15 2018 @ 04:09 PM EST  
Jean

1:05pm...........Regarding Delta2: I see that WR is having similar issues to Delta2. Since we got the EAST zoomer cam back it is very blurry every time the cam is moved. One moves the cam, the view blurs up, then settles down to clear when the cam stops and then blurs again when the cam is moved once more.

The WEST cam is still showing this: No zoomers here can use it and it too is very jerky if one tries to move it. You can also see how the date is teeny tiny in the top left corner.

Only the EAST embedded stream is showing................WEST embedded stream is not.

Also............no numbers to show how much we are zoomed in with the cam.

The East embedded cam stalling, but comes back if I reload the page.

I am wondering if this is still all being "worked on" with WE and not sure if this will change so it should be reported.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 08:35 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate