Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Programs for S'caps and Videos
 |  Printable Version
By: nightowl (offline) on Sunday, August 07 2011 @ 06:48 PM EDT  
nightowl

Hey Donna! :hello:

I have Windows 7 and use Paint. The forum software automatically shrinks the s'caps to the right size, even if you s'cap one full screen. ( but you can click it bigger) I don't crop anything out of my s'caps and I normally watch on the cams 'regular' size., but have s'capped watching full screen.

Give it a try and see if it works for you.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Sunday, August 07 2011 @ 07:00 PM EDT  
Pat B

Hi Golden
The scaps can go up to 500 px wide - though I usually aim for 400 ish!
Using Paint - you should be able to alter the size without trimming anything.
I will have a play with paint tomorrow - and add a "How to" to the Hint's and tips thread in the Welcome area!

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Sunday, August 07 2011 @ 07:06 PM EDT  
nightowl

Pat, you don't have to shrink them down in Paint. I never have and they post OK.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Sunday, August 07 2011 @ 07:34 PM EDT  
golden1

Nightowl

Do you when you are in Paint remove anything that is not the pic. When I save from Hornby I have to remove either the chat or some other part to have only the nest. I tried it on the practice page and it does work very well once I have trimmed to the nest pic only. Or what do you do????

My difficulty came because I thought Ihad to go full screen to take a print screen from the keyboard, but I found that I did not have to do that. Then I was trying to get pic to 320 by 240. But with Pat's help I know I do not need to do that.

I think that that will pretty much solve my problem, but I look forward to the forthcoming tutorial as well.

When one learns all this by the seat of ones pants it can get confusing so thanks for you help. I think I am ok. If not I will come back for my Help emoThank You

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Sunday, August 07 2011 @ 11:48 PM EDT  
nightowl

Gosh, I'm sorry Donna. very embarrassed Yes, I use the 'crop' tool to remove everything but the cam picture.

I saw your s'cap in the practice thread. Great job! Cheers *ahem* and a beautiful nest, too!

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Brian H () on Monday, October 31 2011 @ 01:54 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Brian H

I use 2 programs. One is older, not still available == Printkey. I'll email the install to anyone; just request at brianfh01-at-yahoo.ca. Easy screen grab with "draggable" corner-to-corner sizing. Saves in whatever format you specify.

I also use Irfanview to open and alter images once obtained. Just d/l from Irfanview.com . Change size, coloration, contrast, etc., etc.

By: urdognu (offline) on Friday, April 06 2012 @ 10:02 PM EDT  
urdognu

Hi ...

I am interested in learning to do video's on both mac and pc... BTW... I love MW snap for my pc (got the information from Lori on this thread on the first page- thanks bunches Lori)..Once you click on the snap button... the cam freezes until you size what you want and you literally get a scap of what you want. It is great...

I just got a mac (using SnapNGrabPro) and sure wish I had that "freeze the screen" capability like the MW snap for the mac, without having to crop the scap afterward.. Just takes a little more time. The MW Snap is not available for the Mac... Sad

Anyway... my main request is for recommendations to do video's on both pc and mac... thanks bunches...

Judy Lynn

Forum

Southern California

Profile Email   PM

By: jazz (offline) on Sunday, March 24 2013 @ 09:32 PM EDT  
jazz

Hope I haven't missed it, but can't see how to post a jpeg so that it is open on posting rather than just an attached link. Sorry if it has already been addressed.
Cheers,
Dianne

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 09:57 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate