Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Welcome - and Helpful Hints!
 So How Do I? (Or Can I?)
 |  Printable Version
By: sassyk (offline) on Thursday, January 28 2010 @ 04:25 PM EST  
sassyk

Velma: When I set up my forum preferences and uploaded the same avatar I used for the old forum, my avatar was fuzzy. Pat suggested I use the original photo and resize it to 100px X 100px. The maximum size for an avatar on the old forum was 80px X 80px and when it was uploaded to the new forum it was stretched to 100px X 100px, which made it fuzzy (or pixelated). Try it.

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin. ~ William Shakespeare
Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Thursday, January 28 2010 @ 04:47 PM EST  
nightowl

Quote by: sassyk

When replying to a PM in the old forum, the message you were replying to was visible, underneath in 'Message History'. In the new forum, the message you are replying to is not visible. I like to see the message so I don't miss any questions I might need to answer. Is there a way to have the message visibleHelp emo

Hi Kay!wave

The message history is still underneath what you are replying to, just scroll down a bit farther. At least, it is on mine. (please tell me things aren't different for everyone.)

This PM system take a bit of getting used to, doesn't it? It's nothing like I've ever seen before.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Thursday, January 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM EST  
Pat B

Quote by: nightowl

Quote by: sassyk

When replying to a PM in the old forum, the message you were replying to was visible, underneath in 'Message History'. In the new forum, the message you are replying to is not visible. I like to see the message so I don't miss any questions I might need to answer. Is there a way to have the message visibleHelp emo

Hi Kay!wave

The message history is still underneath what you are replying to, just scroll down a bit farther. At least, it is on mine. (please tell me things aren't different for everyone.)

This PM system take a bit of getting used to, doesn't it? It's nothing like I've ever seen before.

Hi there
You don't automatically get the topic history in this forum!
You need to go to My Account - select Account Settings!
From there select Forum Preferences - on the right!
The last tic box there says show topic review - make sure it is ticked - then save information!

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Thursday, January 28 2010 @ 05:09 PM EST  
nightowl

Thanks Pat! To be honest, I don't know what I've got checked in my profile....anywhere. Only in this one would you have to tick a box to see what you're replying to. *sigh*

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: gemini (offline) on Thursday, January 28 2010 @ 05:52 PM EST  
gemini

Hi Guys, wave

If you start a PM from either "Compose" in your message center or by clicking the PM in a post, there is NO history (I scrolled down as far as possible.)

If you open a PM you received from someone else and click reply, the message you opened will show up beneath the one you are composing.

I think that is why we are getting differing results. Grin

Oh, and yes I have the right box ticked! Left thumb up

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Thursday, January 28 2010 @ 05:56 PM EST  
Pat B

Quote by: gemini

Hi Guys, wave

If you start a PM from either "Compose" in your message center or by clicking the PM in a post, there is NO history (I scrolled down as far as possible.)

If you open a PM you received from someone else and click reply, the message you opened will show up beneath the one you are composing.

I think that is why we are getting differing results. Grin

Oh, and yes I have the right box ticked! Left thumb up

Thanks Gemini
I wondered why I didn't always have the other replies listed - I'll try to fathom that out and write a "How To" Grin

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Thursday, January 28 2010 @ 05:59 PM EST  
nightowl

Thanks for the clarification Gemini. Left thumb up

I've just been clicking on 'reply' to a PM I've received. I don't think I've tried composing one from scratch though.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Thursday, January 28 2010 @ 08:43 PM EST  
sassyk

Thank You all. I checked the 'Show Topic Review' box and when I hit reply to a PM it showed the entire string of PMs. The terminology is a bit different in this new forum; I never would have guessed that was what 'Show Topic Review' meantRoll eyes Is there a description somewhere of the words and phrasesPuzzled

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin. ~ William Shakespeare
Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 10:01 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate