Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Welcome - and Helpful Hints!
 So How Do I? (Or Can I?)
 |  Printable Version
By: Velma Flann (offline) on Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 12:14 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Quote by: Velma Flann

I did know that about the email button, and have always used that. If I get mail from someone I don't want to give my addy to, I answer through the forum or the generic yahoo mail I have Green LOL

I will check and see if the person put something on their "Homepage" and see if that's what generated the www. button. Thanks!!!!

ETA: That in fact did work. She had something filled in on the homepage and it generated the www icon. Thank you.

For one of Sly's questions. jkr has put a s'cap in technical problems - "What works and doesn't work after logging in" on how to get to the last post on a thread. I know I'd read this when I fist came to the site - probably in the practice thread and have always done this. I'm going to try the little envelope icon and see if it goes to the post
forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=4275&lastpost=true#4275

You can also bookmark the last post you read by clicking the white star in the post title after the authors name. When you log in, click the bookmark tab at the top of the page and you will see your bookmarked post. Click that and you go to exactly where you left off in a thread. To delete your bookmark, click the yellow star in the bookmark tab area.

ETA - that link took me to the last page of the section - not to the post, which was on the previous page Puzzled

jkr's s'cap
Click on image to download

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: slygirl () on Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 12:43 PM EST  
Anonymous: slygirl

Thanks JudyB, and Velma, too!

What I find rather strange, Judy, is that as I type this, in the 'Post Preview' below the reply box...the posts are in descending order - so it must be possible!

Velma - what I'm looking for is a 'setting' somewhere that will allow me to go to the last page of each individual thread, if descending order is not a possibility. To eliminate the step between getting to the thread...and getting to the last post posted on that thread. Click on a thread link, and have it take me to the most recent page, not the first page of that thread - every time. (I'm confusing myself Rolling on floor laughing)

Maybe it's my old nag of a computer...plus a certain lack of patience with it's owner...but it seems to take forever for the forum and pages to load...so getting me right to where I'm going in the least # of steps is my goal!

My goal right now, tho, is shower!!!

Thanks, again, to everyone over here helping Left thumb up

By: anna-holland (offline) on Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 05:40 PM EST  
anna-holland

Hi, I don`t like to login everyday so I change in my account settings....remember me for 1 month then new password and confirm and save information. Surprised........ today I must login again, what did I missed? wave

"what you send is what you get"

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 05:58 PM EST  
terrytvgal

Quote by: anna-holland

Hi, I don`t like to login everyday so I change in my account settings....remember me for 1 month then new password and confirm and save information. Surprised........ today I must login again, what did I missed? wave

anna, do you have your email address typed in below your password? Someone mentioned that by having it typed in they are not getting logged out all the time. My email address is there and I have not once been logged out. Give that a try and see what happens,

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 07:05 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Quote by: terrytvgal

Quote by: anna-holland

anna, do you have your email address typed in below your password? Someone mentioned that by having it typed in they are not getting logged out all the time. My email address is there and I have not once been logged out. Give that a try and see what happens,

Also it has to be the current password which is in red Smile I'm assuming it is an extra safety measure so only you can change your settings.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: anna-holland (offline) on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 06:29 AM EST  
anna-holland

waveHi terry and Velma,

Surprised again, today I don`t have to log-in.

Terry, me email was already there so I was or am sure I typed the password. (2x)
Velma, it was also my current password.

But as I say today I don`t have to login, so I just think it is okay now, thanks you both for the fast answerswave
greets Anna

"what you send is what you get"

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: slygirl () on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 11:06 AM EST  
Anonymous: slygirl

Quote by: Velma Flann

...You can also bookmark the last post you read by clicking the white star in the post title after the authors name. When you log in, click the bookmark tab at the top of the page and you will see your bookmarked post. Click that and you go to exactly where you left off in a thread. To delete your bookmark, click the yellow star in the bookmark tab area.

Velma wave Thank you so very much for this "hint"...that's a GOOD ONE Left thumb up I'll be using that ALOT!!! Least I can go directly to where I've left off on each thread - THANK YOU...THANK YOU...AND Thank You

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Thursday, January 28 2010 @ 12:22 PM EST  
Velma Flann

For some reason, I cannot change my avatar. I go to the proper place and click "delete this picture". Click on save information and it shows just the generic blue head Smile Then I browse for a new photo and save information -- but the original avatar still comes up! I have tried several ways now. Delete and immediately open a new picture before saving info. Deleting, saving info then browsing, and even deleted picture and logged out. Logged back in, browsed a new picture -- and -- the same one came back!! I must be missing a step somewhere. any suggestions? Thanks!

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 09:08 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate