Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Welcome - and Helpful Hints!
 So How Do I? (Or Can I?)
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 12:49 PM EST  
JudyB

Good question, Evaklk - and I don't think you can.

You can use the Quote button to copy the contents, then delete the current PM and make a new one, using what you copied as a starting point.

If the recipient has email notification turned on, they'll think they're getting two messages - but otherwise you will have replaced the old one. The ability to edit does seem like a nice feature to add to the wish list, so I'll go do that.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 08:49 PM EST  
Pat B

Quote by: Evaklk

Question: How do you edit PM's in your Outbox???

I have not yet found a way!
It used to be so handy - if somone had not yet picked up - I could add - or change - but now I have to make another PM!!

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 11:03 AM EST  
Velma Flann

Someone asked me today why they have a www(website) icon next to their PM and profile buttons, and how to get rid of it! I have looked all through the account settings, and can't find a place for adding or deleting a website. Can you point me in the right direction please.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 11:20 AM EST  
Pat B

Quote by: Velma Flann

Someone asked me today why they have a www(website) icon next to their PM and profile buttons, and how to get rid of it! I have looked all through the account settings, and can't find a place for adding or deleting a website. Can you point me in the right direction please.

In 'Account settings' - About you
Did they fill in the Your Home page? - above the photo?

And yourself - I notice you have e-mail with your profile and pm buttons!
If you don't want everybody able to e-mail you - you can opt out in Account settings - privacy!
Just untick the top and bottom options!! Grin

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 11:28 AM EST  
JudyB

I believe that the email button doesn't let anyone know your email - but it does let them send you an email through the website.

If you click the button to send someone an email, you are giving them your email address (the one you used to register).

If you reply to an email you get through the website, the reply will come from your address, so the recipient will then know your email address.

And as Pat said, you can turn off the option. Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: slygirl () on Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 11:37 AM EST  
Anonymous: slygirl

Morning wave

Couple things I've been wondering...and this seems the likely place to wonder them...

- How do we quote someone's post while we're already posting? Used to be we could scroll down and click "Quote" and that post would show up in the reply box, but I don't see that option in the new.

- Just this morning while posting, I went back to edit my post, and when I hit 'submit' after editing, it took me to the previous page. Not even the page I was posting on Puzzled - that hasn't happened to me since we've switched over.

- the page is so wide, that to have the forum and a cam up, I lose a lot of the reply box, and can't see what I'm typing. Constantly sliding the page back and forth while posting is a pain. IMO, it will be much more painful while posting observations and watching wee Eaglets doing their thing. I've tried every configuration I can think of (short of a much larger monitor!), but can't come up with one that works well. Could all the 'information' to the right, be put up top or at the bottom? I now have the forum page reduced so much, that I can barely read the tiny print!!

- Is there a setting to 'arrive' at the last page in a thread, rather than the first page? The forum and the pages take so very loooong to load, (for me anyway) it would be nice if we (okay - I !) could at least arrive at the page with the last post.

- you can ignore the above if you can fix the next!!!

- Please, please, please - can we make the connection between ticking "newest first" in "Language and Layout" settings and it actually showing me newest first, work properly! There used to be an option in 'settings' as well as at the bottom at each page to view posts in DESCENDING ORDER. (I will be older and grayer before let up on this! Thinking of creating a FaceBook page titled "Bring Back Descending Order" Wink )

I know, I know...I seem to be the only on who prefers to read the threads that way (and for the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone would want it any other way!) Maybe I've missed the proper setting. Do I have this right? Do I need to change the "Display Mode"?
Click on image to download

I do want to THANK whoever is responsible for eliminating some of the more 'active smilies, and reorganizing them in a more useful order Left thumb up And also THANK YOU ALL for all your hard work getting this new forum up and running - it sure is a tweaker's nightmare - or dream, depending on your point of view!!!

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 11:38 AM EST  
Velma Flann

I did know that about the email button, and have always used that. If I get mail from someone I don't want to give my addy to, I answer through the forum or the generic yahoo mail I have Green LOL

I will check and see if the person put something on their "Homepage" and see if that's what generated the www. button. Thanks!!!!

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 11:48 AM EST  
JudyB

Unfortunately the "comment display" settings don't apply to the forum. If you look at an article in Wildlife News, there's a place you can click to comment on the stories (I think - I'm not going to take the time to make sure it's turned on); there's also an option to comment on pictures. Those are the type of comments those settings apply to - not posts in the forum.

I'm currently trying to figure out which of the Content Providers haven't made it over yet so we can let them know about the new forum, and then I'm going to try to update, consolidate and put in requests to glFusion for future enhancements, including an option to sort threads in descending order.

My plan is to keep an updated list in the first post (or maybe two) of "Things that Don't Work...." - and I'll try to put an "updated" date there so you can see whether or not I've worked on it lately.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 09:54 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate