Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Welcome - and Helpful Hints!
 Welcome!
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: 95C4VanIsle () on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 03:28 PM EST  
Anonymous: 95C4VanIsle

I am trying to start a new topic in the TM/CP thread called "Practice moving thread". I went to the old thread (Content Providers-Vancouver Island Eagles-Comox Area) and brought up a new thread for the TM/CP which included three attachments (pictures). I downsized the photos and added the attachments and clicked on "preview". The attachments do not show up as pictures but as clickable links. Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong? I see where I can upload the pictures (not the links) by typing etc. but where do I type that?

A second question-I know I can edit my own posts but there are a few posts in my original thread that I would probably delete before going public on the new site. Will I be able to delete them? I know last year I was given the ability to delete my own posts but I don't believe I was given access to delete other peoples posts for fear of a mistake being made, which I believe I would be careful not do to.

Any help would be appreciated. A PM would be better so I don't have to go back and look for answers on the "Welcome site".

TIA.

Bret

By: jkr (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM EST  
jkr

Quote by: 95C4VanIsle

I downsized the photos and added the attachments and clicked on "preview". The attachments do not show up as pictures but as clickable links. Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong? I see where I can upload the pictures (not the links) by typing Click on image to download etc. but where do I type that?

A second question-I know I can edit my own posts but there are a few posts in my original thread that I would probably delete before going public on the new site. Will I be able to delete them? I know last year I was given the ability to delete my own posts but I don't believe I was given access to delete other peoples posts for fear of a mistake being made, which I believe I would be careful not do to.

Any help would be appreciated. A PM would be better so I don't have to go back and look for answers on the "Welcome site".

TIA.

Bret

Hi Bret.
The File that you add for each picture you will add right into the body of your post before submitting. Upload as your picture as usual and then add a "file" for each picture. See example of where to place the numbers.

Click on image to download

You can delete posts within your thread EXCEPT FOR THE FIRST POST. If you delete the first post of any thread that will delete your entire thread.

Judy

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: nubchai () on Saturday, January 30 2010 @ 09:45 AM EST  
Anonymous: nubchai

Hi Judy,

This is a bit confusing. Where is the discussion thread for the Hornby eagles?

Thank you
Sandy

By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, January 30 2010 @ 10:07 AM EST  
jkr

Welcome Sandy wave

The Hornby Island discussion can be found under the topic of Other North American Eagle Cams
at forum/index.php?forum=14

Judy

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: nubchai () on Saturday, January 30 2010 @ 10:29 AM EST  
Anonymous: nubchai

Quote by: jkr

Welcome Sandy wave

The Hornby Island discussion can be found under the topic of Other North American Eagle Cams
at forum/index.php?forum=14

Thank you !

Sandy wave

By: Anonymous: horse28 () on Saturday, January 30 2010 @ 12:41 PM EST  
Anonymous: horse28

Hello again everyone. wave
Just checking that registering with new forum has worked OK, having received the email alert today & appears to be the case Left thumb up
Thanks to those doing all the behind-the-scenes work & looking forward to another Eagle-watching season in your very good company.Thank You

By: Pat B (offline) on Saturday, January 30 2010 @ 02:03 PM EST  
Pat B

Good to see you here Horse! Grin
check the link in my signature for lots of tips on how to get around this new place Grin

Welcome Welcome

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Abby () on Saturday, January 30 2010 @ 05:10 PM EST  
Anonymous: Abby

I'm signed in with Thanks to Judy!!

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:27 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate