Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Welcome - and Helpful Hints!
 Welcome!
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: slygirl () on Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 04:06 PM EST  
Anonymous: slygirl

Quote by: jkr

Hi sly Byebye Nice to see you got over here okay and Welcome to you Smile

Not sure which big day you mean. Yesterday was the first BIG day when we were able to open most of the forum for everyone to start posting.

The other BIG day for closing the old forum will be by the end of the month. By then we hope everyone has found their way here.

OKAY :huh: - I missed the memo...we're posting on the new already!? Imagine my surprise (here I need the 'shocked' smilie, but will settle for 8O !)

About the old forum closing...will it be gone forever? 'Cause I have MEGA PMs I need to go thru and save or ditch. Will we be able to get there from here?

By: Pat B (offline) on Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 05:11 PM EST  
Pat B

Panic ye not!! Don't Panic

If you look up to the top bar - beside the linke for this forum "Discussion Forum New" - there is the link to the Old Forum!!
And each thread is carrying it's own link to the old version!
The old forum is merely going to be locked - no more posting - but you can still read!

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: slygirl () on Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 05:49 PM EST  
Anonymous: slygirl

Quote by: PEB

Panic ye not!! Don't Panic

If you look up to the top bar - beside the linke for this forum "Discussion Forum New" - there is the link to the Old Forum!!
And each thread is carrying it's own link to the old version!
The old forum is merely going to be locked - no more posting - but you can still read!

Thanks, PEB! (if you're referring to my post!)

I realize the old forum is still operational (for now) but will our "User Control Panels"/ private message areas still be 'readable' when the old forum is locked? I'm thinking NOT, since logging into it will likely 'go away'. It's going to take me a week to go thru all my messages - I've always just read them and moved on...there's nearly the 500 maximum in there <shock>!

edit: Thanks to whomever is responsible for the ridding of the 'newbie', etc. standings. That was insulting!!! I can take the dots!

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 09:02 PM EST  
JudyB

Welcome, slygirl!

I specifically asked Richard if would still be able to access their old PMs once we completed the move to the new forum. His reply:

"If they log in they'll be able to see them."

It's my understanding that we will be gradually locking the threads on the old forum, the same as we lock the archive threads from past years - and providing a link to the new thread here that will continue the story of that nest or other topic.

If all goes well, by the end of the month, all the threads will be locked - a few at a time, generally with a day or two advance notice so folks can register if necessary and find their way over here. Many of the new threads being set up here will contain links back to the threads on the old forum - not really that different from the link I put into the opening post for the Maine cam each year I've done opening posts - linking back to the locked thread from the previous year.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: 95C4VanIsle () on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 04:23 PM EST  
Anonymous: 95C4VanIsle

Just a quick question-I have a thread at the old site in the "Nests in BC with Ground Observers". I see some of the old threads are appearing in the discusion forums on the new site. Will you gradually be adding the old to the new site? Currently the new site (Nests with GO's) says that the thread is locked giving "content providers" time to work on their threads. I am not sure what I am supposed to be doing to update my thread. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

By: Pat B (offline) on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 05:42 PM EST  
Pat B

Hi Bret!
You can open up a new topic in TM/CP thread!
then copy in the opening posts of your thread in the old one - tidy it up - add what you need - make a few empty posts saying 'reserved' - in case you want to add later - when you are happy with it we can move it for you - the beauty of this is that you remain the author of the thread - it gets more difficult to do that if we started it for you!

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: 95C4VanIsle () on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 06:05 PM EST  

Hi Pat,

I'll try and get started on it tonight, or by the weekend at the latest. If I remember:oops:

By: Anonymous: 95C4VanIsle () on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 10:12 PM EST  

Hi Pat (or whomever),

A couple of more questions:

1. Where is the TM/CP site to begin the thread?

2. I would like to get rid of some of the emoticons in the begining of the old thread. I had tried at some point in the past but wasn't allowed to do do so for some reason although I used to be able to edit my posts. Will I be able to get rid of some of them while trying to "tidy up" the thread?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, should I post them here?

TIA

Edit-Must be magic! There is now a site for the TM/CP's to practice. And in only 10 minutes to boot

All times are EST. The time is now 08:35 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate