Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Welcome - and Helpful Hints!
 Welcome!
 |  Printable Version
By: karenbills (offline) on Monday, May 16 2016 @ 04:55 PM EDT  
karenbills

Welcome to the forum, KarenH. Since I'm KarenB I'll always refer to you as KarenH. As Marg says, if you need help just yell. Looking forward to meeting you in June at our Lunch Bunch in Sechelt.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

By: Marg (offline) on Thursday, July 14 2016 @ 09:55 AM EDT  
Marg

We have a new nest on the Sunshine Coast and Heatherj asked me if I could open the thread for her. Heatherj is a member but has just started posting. Please visit

Browning Rd nest

Although I said new nest it has been around for a long time!

Marg wave

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: rachelfriend (offline) on Wednesday, January 18 2017 @ 02:16 AM EST  
rachelfriend

Glad to find great group to be a part of.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, January 18 2017 @ 08:50 AM EST  
JudyB

Happy to see you here, rachelfriend! If you have any questions, please let us know!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: davetheagle (offline) on Sunday, February 05 2017 @ 10:12 PM EST  
davetheagle

hello
hi all, it's been awhile

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Mad(am)Scientist (offline) on Wednesday, February 08 2017 @ 02:48 AM EST  
Mad(am)Scientist

wave Hello, there - I've only just realized that the forum has a welcome thread! very embarrassed

I'm Jennifer - a research scientist, would-be writer, and lifelong admirer of Nature. My great love of raptors began during early childhood in Western Massachusetts, where even our local newspaper contributed to my fascination (The Berkshire Eagle, lol). Exploring the nearby forested hills and low mountains as well as outings at the Quabbin Reservoir in Central Mass cemented my love of eagles over the years, as these protected areas continue to be blessed with nesting pairs to this day. Unfortunately, living in the city means that I don't get to see many birds of prey anymore (also, a large tree near my home which used to attract many birds, including the occasional great horned owl and other visiting raptors, has recently been felled...which was devastating) and we don't seem to have active live cams on our in-state eagle nests right now, so this place is an absolute joy to visit. Thank you so much to everyone who makes it possible! Red Heart
Click on image to download
Beloved eaglets from the Quabbin Reservoir bald eagle nest (oak tree), summer 2015. These two beauties were banded just prior to being returned to the nest. Photo cred to John Suchocki.

Jennifer M.

Come, on wings of joy we’ll fly
To where my bower hangs on high
- The Birds, William Blake

Forum

Massachusetts, USA

Profile     PM

By: Windsong (offline) on Wednesday, February 08 2017 @ 09:25 AM EST  
Windsong

Thanks Jennifer for telling us a little about you. So glad to have you here at HWF. I've seen you posting on the NE FL nest forum, what a lovely nest.

Somewhere on this wonderful forum(s) there is a nice interactive map a member made that shows eagle nests all over the US. I'll see if I can find it for you and send you a link.

Welcome, and please do explore around. We have lot's of threads, and if you look under Relaxation/chat you will find some nice forums were members get together and just talk about every day things.

Love the Eagles,
Pat

Fly like an eagle, and touch the sky!
AKA Pat P.

Forum

Virginia, USA

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Wednesday, February 08 2017 @ 10:06 AM EST  
IrishEyes

Quote by: Mad(am)Scientist

wave Hello, there - I've only just realized that the forum has a welcome thread! very embarrassed

I'm Jennifer - a research scientist, would-be writer, and lifelong admirer of Nature. My great love of raptors began during early childhood in Western Massachusetts, where even our local newspaper contributed to my fascination (The Berkshire Eagle, lol). Exploring the nearby forested hills and low mountains as well as outings at the Quabbin Reservoir in Central Mass cemented my love of eagles over the years, as these protected areas continue to be blessed with nesting pairs to this day. Unfortunately, living in the city means that I don't get to see many birds of prey anymore (also, a large tree near my home which used to attract many birds, including the occasional great horned owl and other visiting raptors, has recently been felled...which was devastating) and we don't seem to have active live cams on our in-state eagle nests right now, so this place is an absolute joy to visit. Thank you so much to everyone who makes it possible! Red Heart

Beloved eaglets from the Quabbin Reservoir bald eagle nest (oak tree), summer 2015. These two beauties were banded just prior to being returned to the nest. Photo cred to John Suchocki.

A huge welcome to you Jennifer and thanks for your post .and sharing some of your life with us ... Those eagles are beautiful! .. we love having you at NEF eagles nest and to add to what Pat said

Here is a link to all the active cams on HWF

index.php?topic=cam-sites

This other link will be very useful also

forum/index.php

Enjoy and we are all here to help you... we have a wonderful Team here at HWF....

Hugs..

Bev..

...Helpful Hints ..Be respectful ..Bev.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:26 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate