Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Welcome - and Helpful Hints!
 Things That Don't Work (the way we think they should)
 |  Printable Version
By: Evaklk (offline) on Friday, January 15 2010 @ 05:08 AM EST  
Evaklk

Thanks JudyB. Guess I have to experiment with a slightly larger avatar.. I tried resizing it to 100 by 100 but it still looked fuzzy. Maybe have to try something btwn 80 and 100. :dunno:

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to Dance in the Rain. Kathy, joined 12 Apr 09.

Forum

Puyallup, Wa

Profile Email   PM

By: gemini (offline) on Friday, January 15 2010 @ 06:13 AM EST  
gemini

Eva, if you still have the original sized picture you created your avater from, you should be able to resize it to 100 x100 and it might not be blurry! It gets blurry when you try to make a smaller picture bigger but not the other way around!

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Evaklk (offline) on Friday, January 15 2010 @ 02:52 PM EST  
Evaklk

Quote by: gemini

Eva, if you still have the original sized picture you created your avater from, you should be able to resize it to 100 x100 and it might not be blurry! It gets blurry when you try to make a smaller picture bigger but not the other way around!

Thanks Gemini, I will keep that it mind and try to find my original pic. Thank You

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to Dance in the Rain. Kathy, joined 12 Apr 09.

Forum

Puyallup, Wa

Profile Email   PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Saturday, January 16 2010 @ 04:05 AM EST  
nightowl

I was 'browsing' the forum (OK, being nosy Titter), and thought I'd check out peoples posts. Ya know "find all posts by...".

I'm guessing it doesn't work? :dunno:

Of the few I tried to check, this is what I got instead...

Click on image to download

I'm wondering if the 'search' function works? Chin I think it could turn into a problem later if you need to find a post for information and/or reference.

ETA...

Nope, I can't get the 'search' button to work.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, January 16 2010 @ 11:16 AM EST  
JudyB

Those are on "the list" and I need to go through that again and see which Richard can fix and which are software glitches that need a patch. It did work in the test version of the forum, so I'm guessing it's something relatively minor - but beyond my ability to fix.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Saturday, January 16 2010 @ 02:58 PM EST  
nightowl

Thanks Judy!

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: slygirl () on Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM EST  
Anonymous: slygirl

Hello all you hard working forum workers, you <wink>...or as nightowl might accidentally say - 'Wink - that's a ' closely followed by a ) - LOL!

I read somewhere recently...and, of course, can't find it for the life of me now...that I may be the only one that prefers reading 'newest' posts first! I find that hard to believe, but maybe it is so! The post seemed to suggest that 'newest post first' won't be an option - is this the case...if so, I am bumming? Will I ever be able to read them 'my way'?

And, also, I still find the text way too small, and that's after 'zooming text only' here on FireFox to the max. The ad to the right got bigger, but not so much the text I'm typing. Zooming the entire page works much better, but that makes the smilies bigger, too...

Which brings me to my next question...can the really 'noisy' smilies be put to a ''view more smilies'' link? Not only do I find them annoying, the really active ones are most distracting, and make it hard to find the 'quiet' ones!!! (Zooming the entire page does allow me to move the smilies out of view, tho!)

Maybe nightowl can male me a list of keyboard shortcuts to ALL the smilies, and I won't have to be distracted! What say OMT????

May I have more color choices, too, please! 'Wink again!

Thanks for listening!

sly

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 11:28 PM EST  
JudyB

Re color choices - try using other words - not all work, but some do (I used purple - plum - lilac - teal; all but lilac work). I think you can also go back to the current/soon-to-be-old forum and pick a favorite color and note it's code - like this.

You can use the Quote button to see what exactly I did! Grin

If I ever come up for air, I plan to put a request in on the glFusion website to ask them to add a back room for the more assertive smileys. It is a challenge, as almost all of us would happily do without half of them - but I haven't seen anything remotely resembling consensus as to which half! Wink

Watch the list in the first post - I hope to update it as we make some progress on some of these issues.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:03 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate