Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Welcome - and Helpful Hints!
 Things That Don't Work (the way we think they should)
 |  Printable Version
By: nightowl (offline) on Sunday, January 10 2010 @ 10:25 PM EST  
nightowl

While browsing through the forum, I wanted to check out jkr's latest post in this thread. On the main forum page, the time is correct, but when I got to the sub-forum (I think) some of the times appear to be in the military format...some in regular times.

Seems jkr's are the only times listed in military time. Puzzled

Is this another quirk in the software, or ????? I hadn't noticed this before.

Click on image to download

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Sunday, January 10 2010 @ 10:37 PM EST  
nightowl

OK, just checked the times again, and still on the main 'Welcome' forum the times are correct, but when I clicked on the 'welcome' sub-forum, MY time is now in military time as the last post. 8O I know I haven't changed anything in my profile, so it has to be the forum.

*ahem* If the other Judys are trying to take over the world, would you please let this Judy know?:grin:

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Sunday, January 10 2010 @ 10:45 PM EST  
jkr

I have no idea why it would be showing like that. The forum is set on "Vancouver" nest time.
My time is set to show that time as well.
We had problems with the time settings a week or so ago but it Richard did the fix for it. Maybe it didn't take in all areas of the forum Puzzled

ETA: I went to check a few others and it's not only mine that everyone's is as the 24 hr. clock in the Track this Forum list. It must be the way the software works.

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Monday, January 11 2010 @ 01:57 AM EST  
nightowl

Thanks Judy.Grin Seems the times are random in that some are in military and some are showing up in the time I have set in my profile. Not that important really, I don't think, but it did throw me for a loop.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, January 11 2010 @ 07:18 AM EST  
JudyB

I wonder if we set a time format in My Account if all of our posts appear in that format? Mine's set to system default, and I don't think I changed it - but I did change time zones at one point when we were testing something.

There are two settings for time in Configuration - I think one is for the top of the page, and the other is for the time in posts. Changing them isn't as intuitive as one might hope (I got into real trouble in the test forum!) - but can be done if we'd like the default to be something different.

Explanation of code (not completely accurate or else I misunderstood something) - http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, January 12 2010 @ 08:03 PM EST  
nightowl

I still have the issue of the pages loading. When I change pages, the page itself loads fine (says 'done' ), but moving smilies don't, and I can't scroll up or down for a good 45-60 seconds.Frustration I'm stuck where I am for a period of time. This is without a cam running. What's going to happen when I do have a cam running?

I know this computer is old and tempermental sometimes, but I don't have this trouble with any other forum or web site.

So my question is, is it this forum :question: (the old forum works fine for me) :helpsos:

Another thing I discovered...you can't put a single quotation mark [' ] and the last parantheses [)] without a space or you make a winking smilie. Rolling on floor laughing Like this....'Wink...unless you're intending to make one! (I wasn't...glad I previewed first :grinSmile

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Evaklk (offline) on Thursday, January 14 2010 @ 03:54 PM EST  
Evaklk

Just curious as to why the Avatar's are blurry? Is the size 80 by 80 the wrong size now!! It was very clear when I used it on the old thread. Puzzled

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to Dance in the Rain. Kathy, joined 12 Apr 09.

Forum

Puyallup, Wa

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, January 14 2010 @ 04:40 PM EST  
JudyB

Welcome, Evaklk! Grin

The avatars can be up to 100 x 100 pixels, which is a bit bigger than on the old forum. And the forum software seems to scale pictures to fit, at least if they're fairly close - which does make the smaller ones a bit fuzzy.

We could change the settings to match those on the old forum - or we could assume that people will choose new, slightly larger, avatars as time goes by. Grin

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:02 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate