Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Welcome - and Helpful Hints!
 Things That Don't Work (the way we think they should)
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, January 05 2010 @ 12:56 AM EST  
JudyB

I've done some preliminary sorting of the issues we've compiled so far. If you feel an issue should be in a different category, please let me know - I'm quite aware that one person's minor inconvenience is another person's major headache! Grin

Thanks!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Tuesday, January 05 2010 @ 01:41 AM EST  
terrytvgal

Quote by: JudyB

Quote from Skipper - I'm not making it a quote, because that introduces odd formatting:
~JudyB

~~~~~~~

These are the choices I have when I right-click on top of a photo in the Media Gallery.

I don't have the "Copy Image Location" that is in your instructions.

Attaching Files from the Media Gallery
1. Choose the picture you wish to attach and left click on "Copy Image Location"
2. Return to your post.
3. Type [ img ] paste your saved location here [ /img ]

Instead, I click on "Properties" and copy what is beside the "Location (URL)"

Edited to add:

This needs to be fixed

If you delete a picture and then re-size it using your re-sizing software and re-post it with the same name, it does not pick up the re-sized picture--it reposts the original. I have the same problem with the Media Gallery. The only way to get the re-sized picture to post is to rename it :blink:

This is an example. I re-sized and saved the picture above because it was too large. I deleted the original and clicked on "Browse" and clicked on the re-sized picture---but the original showed up. The followed is the smaller version but re-named

I haven't been able to see how to do what Pat describes, either. I don't understand 'left click on copy image location'. I don't see those words anywhere. I am using IE7 and I know Skipper uses IE too. Do we know what browser Pat was using when she created the instructions? I do as I have always done to post a photo from the Media Gallery -- exactly what Skipper describes. Surely we can't BOTH just not be seeing what Pat is describing. Faint

NOTE: Pat's 3rd step doesn't show up in the completed posting. It seems leaving spaces in a tag simply causes the tag to be dropped altogether. She says: Type 'img' paste your saved location '/img'

I've not checked the resize issue Skipper describes.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Tuesday, January 05 2010 @ 01:46 AM EST  
terrytvgal

Posting a picture from my Media Gallery album making use of the image tags.

It worked Exactly as it should have and as it always has. :whew:

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Tuesday, January 05 2010 @ 02:17 AM EST  
terrytvgal

One can easily get back to the Forum Index page from the Message Center by using the link at the top of the page. Each and every page I have ever been to on the new forum/website has the horizontal green heading at the top of it, and links to 'everywhere' are right there.

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Tuesday, January 05 2010 @ 02:58 AM EST  
terrytvgal

[*]It would be nice if we could put some smileys on a "click for more" page[/list]

Do you know if we are using the Smiley Plugin or just have 'Allow Smileys' enabled? it may make a difference to how the smileys are handled. It would be nice if they weren't all in one long column.

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, January 05 2010 @ 06:44 AM EST  
JudyB

Good morning, Terry!

Working backwards -

We're using the Smileys plugin. I'm too sleepy at the moment to remember how to find what version, but I think it's up to date.

You're right about the Message Center - I was rushing by that point, and thought it opened a different window that didn't have the navigation bar. Must have been thinking of something else. I've changed the first post.

"Copy Image Location" is a FireFox thing; I think "Copy Shortcut" is the IE equivalent. I put more spaces in the [ IMG ] and now the rest of my post is visible.

I haven't found time to try recreating Skipper's test of what happens when you resize an image - may do that before trying to explain it on the glFusion forum.

I also discovered that you can tell what thread you're in, at least with FireFox, because it's in the title bar at the top of the page:
Click on image to download
so I'll move that from "necessary enhancement" to "inconvenience."

Thanks for checking up on these - not necessarily a good thing to try working as late as I did. :oops:

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, January 05 2010 @ 06:56 AM EST  
JudyB

When you quote a post with smileys or pictures in it, the smileys and pictures end up sort of grouped over on the right rather than where you originally put them:

Original post:

I'm making a post with smileys Grin and maybe adding a picture
and another smiley Byebye or two Whistling

And then I'm going to quote it for the things that don't work quite as expected thread. Frustration Wink

And what I get when I quote it:

I'm making a post with smileys Grin and maybe adding a picture
and another smiley Byebye or two Whistling

And then I'm going to quote it for the things that don't work quite as expected thread. Frustration Wink

Typing a line or two here just to see if the picture overlaps subsequent type, or if the type will be pushed down below the picture sticking out of the bottom of the quote. And it appears that the type wraps around the picture that's dangling below the quote. And it looks as if I have to ramble on a little longer to get some text below the picture, assuming it will eventually go there.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: jkr (offline) on Tuesday, January 05 2010 @ 08:16 AM EST  
jkr

This is the coding for the quoted text on this forum.

Could it be changed to the same coding as on the old forum or at least something close to it ?

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:01 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate