Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Welcome - and Helpful Hints!
 Things That Don't Work (the way we think they should)
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Friday, January 01 2010 @ 01:56 PM EST  
jkr

:oops: Forgot about the arrows. Thanks for the reminder Pat

Judy

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Saturday, January 02 2010 @ 06:16 PM EST  
terrytvgal

Quote by: PEB

Quote by: jkr

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Another issue I've run across is that in order to change from one area of the forum to the next we have to scroll all the way to the top of the page again to click the Forum Index.
At the old forum that feature was at the top and bottom of every page.

I asked about that in the test forum - and was referred to the up arrow in each post - which still makes it two moves until one gets to the index - but saves you scrolling!
If the up arrow is off page - then use the 'Home' button!

I would still prefer to see the link to the index at the bottom as well - I use that a lot!!

I second that Pat; I have always made very good use of the index at the bottom of the page. I think in the grand scheme of things though it's not a 'deal breaker' sort of issue.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, January 02 2010 @ 08:48 PM EST  
JudyB

In the test forum we could find posts by a member by going to their profile and clicking "find all postings by":

But when we try that here, we get an error message that's way too long to copy & paste. It starts:

An error has occurred:

(This text is only displayed to users in the group 'Root'Wink

2 - stristr() [function.stristr]: Empty delimiter. @ /home/wildlife/www.hancockwildlifechannel.org/plugins/external/functions.inc line 195

and is followed by a whole lot of scripting language.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, January 02 2010 @ 10:35 PM EST  
JudyB

FIXED - thanks, Richard!

I think we should be able to set our time zone in Account Settings: Layout and Language and have the time zone we chose and appropriate time appear at the top of the forum
Click on image to download

Right now, no matter what I pick (I've currently chosen Pacific Standard Time - Vancouver), it shows Eastern Standard Time - which isn't really a problem for me because it's my time zone, but it's also showing EST for everyone else, including those who live in BC - so it isn't picking up my computer's time.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, January 02 2010 @ 10:59 PM EST  
JudyB

We have Config: Forum set so members have 7200 minutes (5 days) to edit their posts before they become a permanent record of the site; it appears that members really only have a couple of hours. 7200 seconds = 2 hours. We think this is a glFusion bug.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, January 03 2010 @ 07:04 PM EST  
JudyB

We have Config: Forum set so the minimum length for a member's name is 2 characters (see second line in previous post), and members whose names are two characters long can join the forum and can post in the forum - but if they or anyone with mod/admin powers tries to edit their posts, they get the following message:

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, January 04 2010 @ 06:51 AM EST  
JudyB

Several of us have mentioned that the fonts here seemed a bit tiny (I can't speak for the rest, but will admit I have aging eyes) - so I did a test, and the font size is markedly smaller than on the old forum. I looked in config but did not see a place to set the default font. Here are a couple of comparison s'caps (the first needs to be clicked to make it full size; I made the second narrower so it would show the difference without clicking):

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, January 05 2010 @ 12:33 AM EST  
JudyB

Quote from Skipper - I'm not making it a quote, because that introduces odd formatting:
~JudyB

~~~~~~~

These are the choices I have when I right-click on top of a photo in the Media Gallery.

I don't have the "Copy Image Location" that is in your instructions.

Attaching Files from the Media Gallery
1. Choose the picture you wish to attach and left click on "Copy Image Location"
2. Return to your post.
3. Type [ img ] paste your saved location here [ /img ]

Instead, I click on "Properties" and copy what is beside the "Location (URL)"

Edited to add:

This needs to be fixed

If you delete a picture and then re-size it using your re-sizing software and re-post it with the same name, it does not pick up the re-sized picture--it reposts the original. I have the same problem with the Media Gallery. The only way to get the re-sized picture to post is to rename it :blink:

This is an example. I re-sized and saved the picture above because it was too large. I deleted the original and clicked on "Browse" and clicked on the re-sized picture---but the original showed up. The followed is the smaller version but re-named

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:41 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate