Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Eagles - General Information, Q & A's and in the News
 Found a new Eagle Cam? - Tell us About it!
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, February 14 2016 @ 12:50 PM EST  
JudyB

For those who have not yet discovered it, Twizzkid has a fabulous website, Eagleholic News, which has all the breaking news from eagle-land - and I know Twizz has announced several new cams that we don't have, so I'm going to do quick posts for each of them, and then we can decide if we want separate threads or how we want to handle them. I'm very aware that we have a lot of threads with only one or two people posting now and then - but also know that people might be excited to discover a thread for a cam near them.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, February 14 2016 @ 01:15 PM EST  
JudyB

Sandy Ridge Ohio - 2016 - Bald Eagle Cam

Link to cam - http://www.metroparks.cc/eagle-cam.php

Ohio is in the eastern time zone.

According to the great information on the cam page, a pair of eagles has been nesting at Sandy River Reservation in northern Ohio since 2002, and have successfully fledged eaglets every year except 2009, when the female lost a territorial fight and subsequently died; the male was not able to keep the chicks warm and get food at the same time, so the eaglets died. The male found a new mate before the next nesting season and they were successful. Interestingly, the male disappeared during the nesting season a few years later, when the eaglets were half-grown; the female called for her missing mate for several days, which attracted other males, and she eventually accepted one of them - and he helped raise the eaglets!

Expect eggs by late February or early March.

Click on image to download

The orange marker is the general location of the nest; the green marker just above it is Avon Lake, Ohio, and the brown marker in the lower right is the Pittsburgh Hays nest in Pennsylvania.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, February 14 2016 @ 02:03 PM EST  
JudyB

Harmar, Pennsylvania - 2016 - Bald Eagle Cam

Link to cam - http://eagles.aswp.org/

Like the Pittsburgh Hays cam, this cam located north of Pittsburgh is a project of the Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania in conjunction with PixController and a number of local sponsors. 2016 is the first year for this cam, and I haven't found much in the way of history. The terrain made it impossible for them to get an unobstructed view - but I did see an eagle while checking out this cam!

On the map below, the green marker on the left is Harmar, right above Pittsburgh Hays; Hanover is the red marker on the right.

Admin Note - I'm thinking of adding this cam to our page for Pittsburgh Hays - they're in the same general area, associated with the same organization - and the link above goes to a page with both cams and a combined chat. Thoughts?

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, February 14 2016 @ 08:45 PM EST  
JudyB

Kisatchie National Forest Louisiana - 2016 - Bald Eagle Cam

Link to cam - http://208.180.204.95:6000/ (user name bald, password eagle)

I'd like to like this set-up - it's another far-south nest that should have chicks early, and the have several cams - but it's also one of the most challenging cams to view that I have ever seen.

I think they are not nesting this year - there should be chicks if they were, and the nest is empty.

If you want to give it a try, once you've entered the user name and password and the Captcha code (those funny letters - only 4 and relatively easy to read) - click on Mobile, even if you're using a regular computer - that worked for me without all the tweaks I needed to use the PC link (and a big thanks to gemini for working through all that!).

Here's a picture of the nest (it is beautiful!) - and hopefully they'll have an internet savvy intern before next nesting season.

Here's the location - it's the red marker in Louisiana:

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: jkr (offline) on Monday, February 15 2016 @ 10:06 AM EST  
jkr

Has anyone run across this cam yet ? It's in Washington DC. The eagles, named Mr. President and The First Lady, are presently nesting on two eggs in a tulip tree.
http://www.eagles.org/dceaglecam/ It is snowing like crazy there at the moment.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Wednesday, February 17 2016 @ 07:57 PM EST  
sassyk

jkr I saw that nest advertised on Facebook; it looks like a fantastic view of the nest WooHoo

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because
then you won't have a leg to stand on! ~ Author Unknown

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, February 17 2016 @ 08:03 PM EST  
JudyB

Thanks, jkr, for bringing this cam to our attention - and thanks to MaryF for setting up a thread - forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=852515!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Thursday, February 25 2016 @ 11:51 AM EST  
MaryF

Quote by: JudyB

Thanks, jkr, for bringing this cam to our attention - and thanks to MaryF for setting up a thread - forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=852515!

YEP! I'm working on it Grin

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 06:49 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate