Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Eagles - General Information, Q & A's and in the News
 Found a new Eagle Cam? - Tell us About it!
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, February 25 2011 @ 09:40 AM EST  
JudyB

We do have a thread - and we're still calling it CalTrans, because the cam was initially set up by the California Department of Transportation, and was turned over to the Turtle Bay organization when construction on the road there was complete.

We don't have room for long names, so I don't know the best way to handle transitions like this.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Friday, February 25 2011 @ 10:08 AM EST  
Pat B

Quote by: JudyB

We do have a thread - and we're still calling it CalTrans, because the cam was initially set up by the California Department of Transportation, and was turned over to the Turtle Bay organization when construction on the road there was complete.

We don't have room for long names, so I don't know the best way to handle transitions like this.

Thank you Judy - as long as it's here - doesn't matter what it's called!
Unless new ones are actually looking for Turtle Bay?

ETA
I see it is listed as CalTrans, Turtle Bay - so that should please everyone Grin

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: morgandy14 () on Tuesday, June 28 2011 @ 01:36 PM EDT  
Anonymous: morgandy14

Hi All,

I decided to put a list together of all the cams I'm 'addicted' to, and see what others you might have to add to the list. There are several that very sadly did not make it through this season, as most know, but I still go back to them to see any activity still. I found this thread after I put this list together, and now I see new cams you have all posted too. Mine has a few bits of commentary on some. All that is needed are searches to get to the sites, so I didn't add the URL's.

I'm going back now to look at the others you have listed!!

Maine BRI - GORGEOUS location; Parents were ultimately chased off by human presence, crows and intruder eagle. Go see the site (sometimes still up) to see the beauty of this place. My avatar is from this site.

Duke Farms (NH), up in a tilted nest. 2 raised this year.

Norfolk Botanical Gardens - everyone aware of tragic death of female, and subsequent removal of the 3 eaglets to the rescue center

NCTC / Shepardstown, West Virgina - Possibly most aware of the very tragic death also of the 5-day old chick that perished when the male could not return to the nest at all after hatching, due to male intruder that completely barred the dad. Mother attempted to provide continual saliva feedings to littly Paddy, in the midst of intruder attacks, for several days, but Paddy couldn't cling on anymore. Another chick has half-hatched, but couldn't make it all the way. The intruder has since taken up with Belle, and have been seen mating.

Lake of the Ozarks - just a fun and intersting site. The weather can be brutal, especially in the spring, and the parents endured a lot. One chick survived, and fledge 2 weeks ago. Morgan is a clown, and so beloved by thousands of on-lookers.

Decorah, Iowa - who isn't aware of this world famous site? The brutal snow, the comical parents, the beauty of the fledging over the past weeks!

Ft Saint Vrain, CO - early spring I easily got into the site, for some reason, regardless of tinkering, I'm rarely able to get in. Worth the watch if you can.

Lafarge, WA - difficult to see because behind a tree - still woth the watch at this stage now.

Favorite! - White Rock - BC - Gorgeous site again, fabulous, tight relationship pair, wonderfully fun 2 chicks. I just love this place, far and close-up views. The wide-angle is addictive in its beauty.

What we know and love:

Two Harbors; speaks for itself, Solitaire such a regal and fighter of a 2011 production!

West End - who can't love those 3 and their escapades?!?! No need for comment here.

Sidney , BC - oh what a year, and now the loss to all of us without the camera. All three have survived challenges, especially with the fishing line trap and subsequent rescue, not to mention the brutalization of the 2 babies by big sister/brother(?) during the first few weeks.

Hornby - The raucous pair were in the top 3 on my list, comical, almost seemed a bit 'challenged' in how things work, and then cam Alex and Little D (David). I did not think Little D (my pet name), would make it, because of the brutality of Alexandra, but they are both thriving now. Favorite pastime, games with the lense of the camera.

Delta - successful nest, challenges over the years. 2 chicks this year

Delta Owl - Eggs have not been viable past few years.

Deschutes Nat'l Forest, OR - beloved pair, Lady Odell and Cascade, moved nest location this year so no cam. Nest found, 3 successful eaglets.

Eagles4Kids -/ Minnesota Bound Eagles - Good view, already fledged

The ones with really great quality infrared are Decorah, White Rock and Two Harbors. I haven't seen others that are of good quality.

Sequoyah (OK), Sutton and Skinner Butte - I think two of these are the same, but didn't follow enough.

Sauces and Lake Washinton - hard for me to get into for some reason, but I know most of you can. Washinton, lovely site. They're growing up. I love Sauces when I do get a connection.

Turtle Bay - for some reason, I wasn't as drawn to this one, but when I checked in, I did enjoy it. The fledged about 6-8 weeks ago, I'd have to check my date to be sure.

I 'think' I have heard of other live cams, but not sure, so would love whatever else you have be listed. I am putting together a collage-movie of the first 6 months showing what I have from the majority of these sites.

I have hundreds and hundreds of video clips from Feb to current, some of best to be posted, as well as ~300 stills. I have found each pair to have their own dynamics, AND, their own vocalizations. Each are pretty distinctive. I work at home, so have been able to track all these wonderful families up to 12 or more hours a day. I think that would be an awesome thread! I have so many with flicks to go with them. Maybe I'll just start that thread today.

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, June 28 2011 @ 10:28 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi morgandy - and welcome! It does sound as if you've been watching a lot of nests!

If I stay awake long enough I'll also send a PM with a couple of specific questions and clarifications, but I guess my initial thought is to ask what you're thinking/hoping to do with all the material you've gathered.

These are all nests with threads here, and you could put together and post a video of your impressions of each nest on the thread for the nest.

But it's sort of sounding to me as if you'd like some sort of comparison thread, where you could - gee, I don't know what you might want to do - something to compare calls or activities or something.

I'm not sure this is the best thread to discuss this - but I really can't think anything else to recommend - so let's continue the discussion here.

As you may have discovered, members can't actually start threads without help from the Admins and Forum Assistants. And we are happy to help you get started - but need to know what you'd like to do.

Please feel free to post here - or to PM me or one of the other Admins (keeping in mind that we're all volunteers, so may take a while to respond).

It is wonderful to see you here - and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with all the material you've gathered.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, June 29 2011 @ 10:55 PM EDT  
JudyB

Quick update - morgandy and I have been in touch, and she'll be updating some of the initial information she posted in the next day or two. And I will mention that Lafarge is a world-wide company - but the eagle nest is in BC. Smile

Looking forward to seeing your comments, morgandy - and thinking about the best way to share all the material you've gathered.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: MaryF (online) on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 05:07 PM EDT  
MaryF

Bev found this bald eagle cam in Minnesota. I found the link on SH where she posted it.

http://www.mnbound.com/live-eagle-cam/

Two new chicks and a beautiful Mom!!

Click on image to download

And here's Dad with a black spot on his head.

Click on image to download

ID'S ARE BY THE CHATTERS!

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: mia (offline) on Wednesday, February 06 2013 @ 04:45 AM EST  
mia

:cheerguy: There´s a new eagle cam in Humboldt Bay in Northern California. :cheerguy:
Ustream link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/humboldt-bay-eagle-cam

Forum

Helsinki, Finland

Profile Email   PM

By: Twizzkid (offline) on Wednesday, February 06 2013 @ 01:01 PM EST  
Twizzkid

and a commentor on my blog gave me this new one yesterday (as far as I know it's new) Minnesota DNR http://eaglecam.dnr.state.mn.us/

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 12:48 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate