FledgeFest Open House 3 PM - 7 PM, Sunday, July 14, 2013
Thursday, June 27 2013 @ 04:37 PM EDT
Contributed by: davidh
Open House -- Open Fields -- Afternoon Appies, Sunday, July 14, 2013, 3 PM - 7 PM
- The Hancocks and their Sandhill Cranes etc. welcome our friends to our home and aviaries.
- 1. My wife, Mary, and I welcome all my associated friends, workers and wildlife associates -- all who have collectively over the years been so supportive of our efforts on many fronts.
- 2. Our party is simply an opportunity for Mary and I and the Hancock Wildlife Foundation to personally say, "Hi, welcome and thanks for your support. Here are some of the creatures we share the place with -- have a good intermingling!!" Very few of the hosts bite - severely!! Not to sound morbid but having gotten this old I want to make sure we celebrate our friends and supporters while I am still here.
- OPEN INVITATION: To all our friends, mutual supporters, people we know personally and those, who just occasionally "watch" our cams or "lurk" our discussion forums or are associated with any of the conservation projects so dear to my heart, are all welcome. If you know us or our eagles from our cams, website or other sites, associated TV or community projects, we want you here to celebrate wildlife.
- The Hosts are David, Mary and Hancock Wildlife Foundation.
- The invitation is to be to all our followers and friends who can be contacted via our different media: directly by emails, via our website, forums and facebook outlets etc.
- The "Open House", hopefully yard and bird pens weather permitting, will be informal with people coming and going during the day from 3 PM - 7 PM. We do have a number of buildings, from the house to various storage barns available for undercover gatherings if weather necessitates. We understand a few people from considerable distance will be in our area during that time and we especially hope to meet and share these visitors with our local supporters.
- To help Mary our Foundation Director, Susan Muraja, and my hard-working Project Coordinator, Karen Bills, will be on hand. Other helpers will be appreciated particularly if the weather fails us.
- Mary and David will provide some food and drink. Susan and Karen have convinced us to gladly accept local attendees bringing additional plates of "finger food" or their drinks so we greatly appreciate that contribution.
- The RSVP is very important as we need to know how many are coming & who is bringing what? Will there be 25 or 100 guests?
- If you are planning to attend it is imperative that you email firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know. Karen will give you the address and make up the guest list.
- Thanks and we look forward to greeting and meeting old and new friends.
- David Hancock