Baby golden eagle survives Dump Fire
Tuesday, July 10 2012 @ 01:14 AM EDT
Contributed by: karenbills
OGDEN, Utah – A baby golden eagle burned in one of Utah’s wildfires was rescued and is now recovering in Ogden.
The Dump Fire burned more than 5,500 acres and forced evacuations in Eagle Mountain and Saratoga Springs after being sparked by humans on June 21.
The fire also destroyed the nesting site of a breeding pair of golden eagles. A wildlife expert knew the nest had burned, so when he returned days later, he was surprised to find a survivor.
Read the rest of the story and view the video here: http://bit.ly/NcMmzE